Friday, February 1, 2013

Weekly Wrap-Up

We sure had a packed week here, yet we only left the house once!  I'm putting us on quarantine until Tot's tooth surgery on the 12th.  He's going under and can't have any sickness in those little lungs.  Though sometimes it feels like we don't get much accomplished in the week, when I look back at pictures I see that we sure did :) Yeah!

Tot liked his new trays this week.  On one I had little letter blocks spelling his name - he loves going over the letters and knowing it's his name.  Still the dumping beads on the second one.  The third one was the hit of the week...it started out as using tongs to put pipe cleaners in the cheese container, but morphed into studying rainbows...which he loved (so did the other two!).  The last was using magnetic pom poms to fill in the squares on a kite.


 We read a rainbow book many times going over the colors, then made a rainbow out of pipe cleaners (with him getting me each color) in styrofoam.


Here's Rex's sight word dice....they work so well.  We roll them and read.  He's crazy and dramatic with every roll, doing something like a somersault between each one...typical him...but he knows the words!

 Practicing our pattern cubes we got for Christmas...

 His verse this week was "Keep your tongue from evil".  He told me a few times this week while watching one thing or another, that certain people weren't following that verse :)

 They all loved this one.  We had never done it before.  I purchased large push pins at Staples and they poked Rex's letter K.  They were all so focused on it! I got the idea from Confessions of a Homeschooler.



Here's everyone working on their Monet (well...Captain working on his and everyone else thinking they are!)

I saw this online a few weeks ago and finally finished it today.  I'm going to start a Montessori geography with Rex next week maybe and thought this little felt world was perfect.  I also got a great large one from Bed Bath and Beyond this week ( I'll take a pic later - it's not up yet) that the map on the top went with - perfect for a control map for this project :)



Rex made another lapbook this week and of course is SO proud of it.  It was to the book "The Giant Jam Sandwich"...super cute!


I like the above one where he's looking at all his lapbooks from the year!

Just doing some 3 part Asian animal cards...

 I made this for tot today on his birthday....he LOVED it!  Felt pieces to "Brown bear" Eric Carle book. I read the book and he puts them on. We did it OVER and OVER again!  . 
 Captian's going to work on mastery of addition/subtraction for a month or two.  He used these really neat wrap-ups and earns "math money" :)  Every time he's cashed in 15 for a Wild Kratts - he can't hold on longer for that model airplane.... maybe next time!



Everyone talked mommy into going out to the barn tonight for tot's birthday!  I probably make it out there a hand ful of times the whole YEAR, let alone winter.....and after going out, I remember why!  It's kinda fun until I had to collect eggs out of the poopy chicken coop!  Yuck! But I am happy that they finally started laying last week!!!! Yeah!  We waited about 8 months for those girls to lay!


Above, tot was telling me his version of the chickens laying the eggs "chicken push eggs out booster". He repeated it the whole time he was standing by them!

Whew!!!!  My fingers hurt!  'Til next week... xo

No comments:

Post a Comment