Monday, February 25, 2013

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

In honor of Dr. Seuss's birthday week I decided last night to devote a week to him!  I just happened to come across these fun activities from 2TeachingMommies and we had most of the books to go along with them! Yeah! I usually wouldn't blog about it until we were all done, but I thought I would do it early in case anyone wanted to join in! 



 The boys were so excited and Captain got right down to reading to Rex.

We got right into it (Captain complains about ANYTHING school oriented before breakfast, but I didn't hear a peep about Roll and Graphing!).  We read Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You and did the roll and graph to go along.  They love these everytime we do them, so I put them in page protectors to do over and over again this week.
While they were playing I thought "why not green eggs for breakfast" :)  It was a hit!  Too bad no ham to go along with it! And of course I read "Green Eggs and Ham" while they ate.

Then we read one of our favorites "If I Ran the Zoo" and mixed up our own funny animals.
 Captain's 5 headed walrus for his zoo.
 Tot joined him (he was amazingly still sleeping for the green eggs - that would have thrown him off!)...
 ...and if anyone knows Tot (who is very orderly) - ALL of the animals had to have the correct heads on the right bodies!
Lastly, we ended with some Cat in the Hat videos on www.pbskids.org. 

 Later in the day I found Tot taking each book over to Rex at their desk, who 'read' them to him!


We'll do a few things everyday this week and end it on Friday with the opening of the zoo where they're having a storytime/craft for Dr. Seuss's birthday!! So if you live here, and have a zoo pass - come join us!  Check the website for times - we're going to the earliest one which I think is at 10:30  :)  I'll post the rest of our fun week after we're finished!

Peace
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment