Thursday, February 28, 2013

Tot truck school!

This week was truck school for tot and he loved it!  I've never done a theme, but was inspired by www.delightfullearning.com.  


Everyday we started out reading a few of our truck books...

I love him holding his loader while reading the loader book (serious business for him!)!

A few days we did different truck puzzles - he's very much a puzzle king and would really do them all day.  He's getting very good at them too and loves saying each truck's name!



Each day I had two different trays with special truck related activities on them.

For this one I'd say the color, he'd pick it out, then color the corresponding truck.






Lining up our different trucks...

Learning all of their names...
 Matching trucks to them...his favorite was the forklift, but didn't have one so the grader stepped in :)

and of course a truck sensory bin that got played with each day :) (just beans in there!)




Here we are counting trucks and putting on our magnetic pom poms.

The pull out book spells his name by the trucks and there was one space left so I put an 'I love you' hand - see him imitating it :) 
 Then today we put all of his little activities together (I got them from www.1plus1plus1equals1.net) and made them into a lapbook.  He was so excited when I said we were going to make a 'truck lapbook'!!! Wants to be just like the brothers :)

 Then of course everyone had to pull out ALL of the lapbooks ever made and show them to papa who came today for a few hours!

We did a little practical life today and he helped cut bananas for the dehydrator.  He did well with his knife. His were obviously not the right size, but mama didn't mind eating them,..

When I was on the computer this afternoon, I looked down and I noticed him playing Mass right behind my chair.  The collar on the head, bible in front and all of his vestments (daddy's ties) wrapped around himself (his 'father clothes') :)


...consecrating...I heard his little "ding, ding, ding" he does at the part!
Little techy tot :)  Playing his matching Thomas game on the tablet with big brothers cheering him on every match he made!  

And that's our week in tot school!  I'm thinking maybe a rainbow theme next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment