Friday, March 8, 2013

Red, Orange, Yellow, Green followed by Blue...

"Red, orange, yellow, green, followed by blue...indigo and violet, that's a rainbow song for you!"

We've been singing a lot of that Dr. Seuss rainbow song here this week in our house!  We had a wonderfully fun rainbow week for tot that I think will also flow into next week! There's so many more rainbow ideas left to do. It was the first time that I actually searched Pinterest for ideas....very dangerous! My mind was bursting at the seems!

Here's what Tot woke up to Monday morning...



The brothers couldn't wait for Tot to wake up and start making the rainbow above.  They got right down to it :)




He worked on his rainbow house latches a little bit.



I think the favorite (non edible item) was the playdoh rainbow.  I decided to keep that on a tray everyday since it was such a winner.  The other tray changed daily.




 He built this one by himself after I rolled them for him :)


I love those little chubby hands rolling!

 Making a little paper rainbow...

 I precut pieces for them, because I knew they wouldn't want to miss the rainbow fun!

Drawing his own rainbow..

 Reading our rainbow book, then adding beads on each pipe cleaner color.


 (So serious...)
They had done a bunch by the end of day 1..


 back at it the next morning...

Day 2 setup...



 He did it all by himself...I was very proud (and so was he by his face ;) )

 Somehow (Captain I'm sure) decided they should all be rainbow hats and for some mysterious reason it made everyone feel they needed to run around the house for some time laughing crazily...with rainbow hats?! :)

 A sideways ring around the rosy with our 'people friends' - rainbow colored ones only of course - sorry black, white and pink ones...this is the 'all fall down' part!
One of our favorites...pouring rice through a funnel...over and over and over and over and over again.


 Then I took the letters of his name (which he knows all of them) and hid them in the rice. 
 He took each one out...lined them up...pushed some together - looked at them, said "No", pushed them apart and slowly put each one in it's correct place!!! I was speechless!  Awesome! He looks at it everyday above his tray area, but I've never had him do it himself from a mixed up jumble!
Playing with his absolute favorite toy..

 Day 3 - rainbow lunch surprise.  Tot would only eat the oranges and avocados (as I knew he would)...so brothers didn't mind helping at all!


 ...and the grand finale of the week was the rainbow jello...

 I loved this one.  As Captain poured in the water and Tot could see the exact color it made he got so excited!  Above he was saying "yellow, mom, yellow"!
Just some designs...




A well deserved treat....


No comments:

Post a Comment