Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Our luna moth

My oldest son found a caterpillar last fall and put it in his bug jar.  Soon afterwards it made a chrysalis and was left on our toy room window for many months.  Randomly we would remember it was there and wonder if/when it was going to emerge. 

A few weeks ago, my husband was up late.  The next morning he told me that he heard a noise in the toy room and thinks a mouse got stuck in one of our toys....great.  So the whole day, my boys and I are looking for this mouse and a little hesitant to play with certain toys.  The mouse never emerged.  That evening he heard the noise again.  He snuck closer and closer, trying to figure out what it was, and realized that it was our bug jar! 

In the morning, my oldest son and I were very excited ...


after researching, we found out it was a luna moth!
*(ps...yesterday I learned that moths rest with their wings opened and butterflies rest with their wings folded up - the picture confirms it! Amazing what we learn from children's books!)


She was so beautiful!



Thank you God for these simple joys and Your wonderful creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment