Sunday, October 19, 2014

Easy to use art program!

 Hello everyone!  Just thought I'd give a little review of our art program we love.  It's Home Art Studio.  The boys watch their teacher, Ms. Volin, do the whole lesson.  She has a very sweet way with the kids and the boys really enjoy watching her.  Many times she takes them on 'trips' to art museums or different fun things. They love getting right to work! 

This year we're doing the 1st grade for Rex (and Tot always joins in) and 4th grade for Captain.  The first project for 1st grade was a roller coaster! 




 This project was very cute.  I teach K-2 Art for about 20 kids at our co-op and we did this Friday.  I loved seeing the names they all chose for their roller coasters :)


Here is Captain working on his first project of the year...a color wheel. I forgot to get more pictures of him at work :(

The second 1st grade project was weaving.  I thought I'd have to help Tot, but he figured it out no problem :) I was actually a two part project.  The first week they painted their paper and let it dry, then did the weaving part second.  We have a 4 day school week so on our 'day off' (which should be called 'catch up day') we do our art.






 We even laminated these since they turned out so cute! 

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment