Monday, October 28, 2013

Asia Continent Box and challenge!

Last year I tried to put together some continent boxes and study one continent per month.  Well, it only lasted about 3 continents!!!  Such is life.  So this year I'm hoping to accomplish it!  I saw Carissa's Continent Box Challenge and thought the kids would love it....and was I right!  So much more exciting to have a 'challenge'!  They can earn prizes for filling in X number of boxes.  I didn't want to spend money on prizes so they're easy like "2 hours computer time", "candy bag" (to eat as fast or slow as they want - put together by mom of course), and the highest is "2 nights up late"!  They LOVED it :)  Funny how exciting the little things are :)  I couldn't get Carissa's pdf's to be rewritable, so my husband made me blank templates to fill in.

I would love to collect items from various continents over the years, because we don't have any now...just books and activities...

Captain has to fill in all boxes to get the top prize, and Rex less.  The boxes range from super easy (find on globe, color a flag)  


to more time consuming (completing pin map).
I got most of my printables from Montessori Print Shop and some others elsewhere free online.

Tot always wants in on the action so here he is matching up the Asian animal 3 part cards.

That's all the pictures I got of our Asia study :)  I am using it alongside Erica's Expedition Earth for Captain.  We love it. They even get a passport with their picture on it and we stamp each country we 'visit'  Each week we focus on a different country and the continents last about 6 weeks so it's perfect! It helps involve the other two in learning about the continents.  Honestly, if I tried to get them to do "extra school" without the challenge, no one would want to! Of course :)  But the challenge makes it exciting to earn prizes :)  It's some work on my part, but I'll keep it from year to year so it's worth it! Fun, fun, fun...



No comments:

Post a Comment