Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Dinosaur Tot School - Week 2

Wow! It's been too long since I posted!  My wrist was out for a week - sprained it while sleeping??!!! Really!?? It sure is interesting getting old!

Well, week two of dinosaur school went wonderfully!  All of the dinosaur printables came from www.3dinosaurs.com (the site has nothing to do with dinosuars!! I have printed tons of different themes from her, just so happens this one was dinosaurs!) 

Here's the set up the first day:


and the really exciting thing this week was the sensory bin!
The base was two boxes of baking soda and the blue 'lake' was dyed vinegar.  She when the the dinosaurs brought their white feel into the lake it bubbles and sizzled! My plan was to have a 'water bottle' volcano in the other corner that would erupt, but it never happened!



 Perfect timing...for Rex's birthday which I will post soon, he recieved TONS of these awesome walking, roaring dinosaurs!!! A hand me down from a friend of my mother's! They were the biggest hit!



 The first tray had dinosaur colored puzzles..

 every time he made one he said "Great job!" :)  So cute! Clapping for himself!

 Little Sheriff Woody (he was too excited for school and we didn't even make it out of our pjs) amazed me at prewriting practice.



 And some basic shape matching and naming the shapes.


 just to keep him quiet while doing big boy school To learn the A's, I pulled out his binder (it needs updates, he's done these few too many times!)
 I named a shape and he colored it.
 Day 2

hmmmm...and now I'm sad, for three nights now I've tried to upload the rest of the week in pictures and it won't let me :(  So.....if it let's me soon, I'll update...otherwise c'est la vie ;)

1 comment:

  1. my boys would love this dinosaur school week.

    congrats on your newest blessing. i will keep you and your baby in my prayers.

    pax Christi, lena

    ReplyDelete