Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Our first lapbooks!

We finished our first lapbooks of the year probably about a month ago, but I'm finally getting to blog about it now!  My oldest chose 'Wild Dogs' and I chose "The Grouchy Ladybug" for my preschooler.  
Homeschool Share  has tons of free lapbooks on everything you can imagine! 

So, I only took pics of my younger son doing his lapbook - it was his first one and he loved it! I totally suggest doing these.  They always feel such an accomplishment looking at them over and over and showing them to the grandparents!

We read "The Grouchy Ladybug" MANY times.  I had him do one of the mini books every day or so.  Here he is putting together his mini book comparing it to the real book...working on telling time and retelling of the book.
The directions for this lapbook had so many other fun ideas....foods to make, extra time telling activities, math games, etc.  We didn't get to all of them, but the ones we did, we really enjoyed.  



 Here's some Montessori 3 part cards that I got for free from Montessori Print Shop that I thought would go along perfectly!

  Here we are matching the uppercase to the lowercase. 



Matching the number of spots to the correct number. (and yes I vaccumed after taking this picture and seeing how dirty my rug was!)




There were a few activities to learn about insects...he did very well.


He had a cute little helper this day labeling the parts of the ladybug!


Fun activity they suggested to 'see' the actual size of a whale versus a ladybug!  We measured 45 ft and unrolled toilet paper for the what....the ladybug was a little rock!  We laughed at the little ladybug saying "Hey you, wanna fight" to the big whale and saying "you're not big enough"!



And after all of the mini books are finished, we assembled it in a lapbook (some file folders folded and stapled certain ways to make a book).  You can find videos on making them on youtube.



Little man had to join in with his own "be be ba ba" (that his language for bug) cards. 

Retelling the book with his own cards...

And finally here's the only picture I have of my 2nd graders Wild Dogs lapbook...
it was the smallest one he's made so far, but he really enjoyed it too!

They started their new lapbooks this week.  Oldest chose "Eagles" and I chose "The Human Body" for the younger - it's going to be a big one.  We've already enjoyed doing a bunch of activities and little books for both of them.  Today we picked up a bunch of books from the library on the topics...I'll let you know when those are finished!


No comments:

Post a Comment