Monday, September 10, 2012

All Done Canning!!!

Whew!!! What a last few months we've had here with the garden and canning...

The boys in our tomato jungle..


I guess once the plants were FILLED with tomatos I was too busy picking to take pictures! You can imagine though! We picked thousands...literally thousands of tomatos.  I exaggerate often, but not on this one!

Here's one picking (we picked about every other day for a month!)

We had tons of help from our 'helpers'!


And the final count (appox)...
220 tomato soups (hoping for 2 years worth - while we were on a roll...well Dominic and boys do the soups so I can't say 'we' for that one!)
50 green beans
60 salsas
30 tomato sauce
12 butternut squash

frozen:
TONS of cabbage (had some for dinner and it was wonderful)
TONS of peppers (stuffed and plain)
TONS of berries (not enough though!)
corn


But now....what about all of these peppers that are sitting on my table as I type...it's not over yet!

Anyone need some peppers...really - yummy organic peppers.  Please let me know.  There's MANY more coming!  I can only freeze so many stuffed peppers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment