Saturday, September 6, 2014

Melting Crayon Art

So it's back to the grind for us!  We just completed week 5! Yeah!  We do a 6 week on and one week off schedule and I LOVE it!  I have more to post, but keep putting it off since I didn't even introduce my new one (who is now 8 months old) on here yet.....I will.   

Yesterday we did this awesome melted crayon art that I wanted to share.  Great way to use up broken crayons!  

 Here they are separating out the broken crayons by color.  (note...I'm tossing the muffin tin...I could probably take the time to melt it again and scrub it, but won't.  I can buy another at goodwill for .50)

 Melting on electric griddle.


They LOVED this!!!

We read about Van Gogh and his texture art.  (We really love this series of books.  We have scientists, composers, artists and more.  Funny and educational)


We got right to work.  We had to re-melt 3 times because it kept hardening. (ps...threw out most of the paint brushes too afterwards - totally worth it though!)



 Finished product!  Oldest (mine) to youngest!

 See the neat texture!  It turned out great.  The kids thanked me many times! So sweet!


 Just had to add the yummy zucchini pizza boats we had for dinner - they were exceptional!  If you have abundant zucchinis like I do - this recipe is great - used up six!

After dinner, the kids found a surprise growing on our mulberry trees we're trying to root.  Marshmallows!

Have a great weekend!  I'm hoping to blog more soon!

1 comment: