Monday, April 8, 2013

First Reconciliation!....already!

How is my sweet Captain getting so old?  Wasn't he just born?  He's turning out to be such a wonderful little man and I'm so proud of him.  I can't believe I'm even writing that he's received his First Reconciliation!  I find a hard time finding words to express what I felt the moment he was first in the confessional...


 after his first penance...
Proud, proud mama!
opening some of his presents from his teacher and a sweet little lady prayer partner whom we've never met.  He was the only one to receive one from this 'prayer partner'! He was very excited! 


They held a pizza party for them :)
Here he is putting the finishing touches on his Confession lapbook (purchased at www.catholicfilefolders.com - they have a ton of beautiful ones for all the sacraments and more).  He finished the little First Memories book. My favorite - one statement said "After my first confession I felt..." and he put "like there was the biggest party going on in my heart"!!!! He kept saying that for the whole first day! So sweet.  He loves it and wants to go every week (how I pray for that grace to continue!)!



I made him his first brown scapular.  I've never made one before, but Shower of Roses posted these beautiful handmade ones on etsy and I thought "I can do that!" :)  I had all of the materials that I bought 12 years ago when I was in college to make for them missions....ummm...that never happened.  It turned out nicely - he loved it!  He's going to be enrolled on Friday by Fr. W...We read the whole story (which I learned a lot too) and I fell more in love with my scapular!



Have a wonderful, warm, beautiful spring week! yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment