Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Lapbooks


The boys finished their next lapbooks and are very proud of these ones....esp. Rex.   Captain did his on Bald Ealges and Rex did the Human Body.  We got these free from www.homeschoolshare.com .  They have great ones!  We just do one or two of the little mini-books daily until they're all done.  Not time consuming at all and they're a great way to learn about individual topics with a great end result they're proud of! Love them.
As usual I don't have as many pics of Captain doing his lapbook.  His aren't as 'fun' as Rex's - which he's quick to point out!  His have a lot more writing, of course :) Here's a few



I learned to do a few tricks to combine photos! Finally!

This was the neatest part of his lapbook - he's showing the two different colored yarns included in one of the pockets.  One is the length of his 'wingspan' and the other is the eagle's wingspan (6-9 ft , we chose 9 ft of course).  
Rex did tons of activities for his book, and learned a TON!!!!!!!!  I mean, a ton.  I have to mention his favorite body part now....the epiglotis.  Little did I know many years ago that I would talk about the epiglotis a few times a day --- wait, I didn't even know what an epiglotis was a few years ago!
 counting body parts...with his helper LarryBoy
 making our bodies and labeling parts....everyone loved this one!
 we all got involved..
SOOO proud of his body...he drew in the epiglotis of course!

He had to trace his teddy bear and taped it to his hand (complete w/ teddy bear epiglotis and other organs). I'm going to add a pocket on the back to store his body in.

Another favorite was Excerise ABC's.  We did these many times over the last few weeks.
jumping 'O'ver a pillow...acting like 'I'nchworms

Assembling his lapbook..


 finished product! 

He has admired it many times!  I definitely recommend this for any preschooler!

God bless - Happy Thanksgiving :)

No comments:

Post a Comment