Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Back to school and celebration!

Monday started the new school year for us!  I think we've done a little growing up since last year because I expected a lot more whining and complaining, but each day has gone very well!  Yeah!  I guess this is our 4th year homeschooling, even though it feels like I just started!  

I will be (hopefully!) be blogging weekly this school year.  I want to share what each child is doing each week - that's my goal!  I want the grandparents to see and for any other mothers who like to get new ideas.  I've gotten soooooo many from reading other homeschooler's blogs.  So expect more from me as soon as the tomatoes stop coming!!  We've been canning and canning and canning here....

I just wanted to share my dessert tonight for the Feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  I saw the idea at  Catholic Cuisine.  Their cake looks much better than mine.  I couldn't cut the frozen/thawed strawberries into roses and I also made it peanut butter cake and icing since I didn't have much butter.  But....we all loved it!  I've seen other mothers celebrate our wonderful feasts and I've been wanted to for awhile.  I love bringing the feasts right to the dinner table!  The kids get so interested and learn so much from something so little.  We talked about Mary's heart being pierced by a sword - which they've heard so many times during the rosary at the Presentation in the Temple (Simeon's words to Mary). And they've seen the image on our wall since they were born, but I think something clicked a little more after seeing the cake!! 



I'm hoping to really bring the liturgical year into our home much more this year! 

Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment